Oven baked salmon is really delicious, even though seasoned with any other spices than salt and pepper. However, salmon teriyaki tastes good for a change. Lightly salted salmon and sweet teriyaki sauce is a perfect match. Moreover, this is an easy meal to make, sauce is ready in few minutes ja the whole meal in 30 minutes.
PORTION: 3 servings
TIME TO MAKE: sauce 10 minutes, salmon about 20-30 minutes
- 600 gr salmon fillet, use the thickest part of salmon
- 0,5 dl soy sauce, sweet and lightly salted (f.ex. Japanese soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or cane sugar
- 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar (if possible use rice vinegar, but as a substitute youcan use regular vinegar with dry white wine)
- 3 tablespoons of white wine
- sesame seed
Preheat the oven to 225°C (437°F)
Cut the salmon into fillets 5 cm wide. Season lightly with salt for about 30 minutes before baking.
Oil a suitable size baking tray and put salmon fillets in it, skin-side down and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile make the teriyaki sauce. Heat the frying pan to medium heat. Put all the ingredients in pan and let simmer few minutes.
After 10-15 minutes baking, add the sauce over the fish and bake another 10-15 minutes. Drizzle the fillets with the sauce one or two times during baking.
Dress the fillets with sesame seed and eat with rice.
Tags: salmon fillet salmon teriyaki sauce japanese cuisine